Thursday, June 27, 2013

Rainstorms can be beautiful

Living in the south can be brutal in the summer. Not only does it get to 90+ degrees everyday, but the all-too-well-known thunderstorm usually brews up like clockwork in between 2:00 and 6:00pm. Usually by mid July or August the daily storms have stopped, so in June I like to take full advantage of them. They can be beautiful, and the images after the storm can be stunning.

1/80sec - f5.6 - ISO200
It's always a treat to find flowers still in the height of their bloom in late June. Tiger Lilies are some of my favorite flowers to photograph due to their flawless beauty. The water droplets after the storm adds a nice effect.
1/80sec - f5.6 - ISO100
I've never really felt comfortable photographing during a storm. Maybe it's my mom in my ear warning about lightning strikes. Maybe it's the fact that up until recently I've never had a camera that was weatherproofed. I don't know, but if I ever get brave enough to go out into the rain (instead of just shooting post rain) I'll make sure I document it. Don't forget to "like" my Facebook page before you go! LIKE ME HERE! Until next time......

- Jarvis Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment